Tell us about books from your childhood that you still love until now. How did you discover it?
I have always loved to read. As a kid I always had a book in my hand (growing up with four sisters and my parents on a limited budget, money was pretty tight.)
So my escape was to dive into a book.
So I thought I’d relive and give you my top ten childhood books. Let me know if you had read any of them growing up.
My to Ten childhood books (in no particular order) …..
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson
- Stig of the Dump by Clive King.
- The Secret Seven series by Enid Blyton.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis.
- Famous Five Series by Enid Blyton.
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams.
- Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm .
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
I’m sure I could have added more. But that’s enough to be going on with. And now I’ve spent time thinking about them, I’m tempted to find cheap copies and read them all over again 😉 simpler times when I was growing up.